- Pre-workshop activities: 15 min
- Introductory presentation: 10 min
- Hands-on activities: 80 min
Audacity is a open source software that allows users to easily edit and add effects to their audio projects. This softwares has numerous features that will help develop your podcasting skills. Its multitrack tool and many uses empowers users to create their best projects. Learn more about these features through our workshop activities.
Participants will be able to know and do the following by the end of this workshop:
- Understand the key features of an ongoing podcast or a one-off podcast.
- Understand best practices for interviewing people or panels of people for podcasts.
- Know where to borrow high-quality audio recording equipment on campus.
- Know how to record high-quality audio using either a USB microphone
- Be able to trim and split recorded audio.
- Be able to find Creative Commons licensed music to use as audio “bumpers” in a podcast.
- Know how to create voiceovers.
- Know how to fade audio in and out in separate audio tracks.
- Understand the pros and cons of free and paid podcasting publishing services.
- Know how to use a free podcasting publishing service.
- Know how to publish a stand-alone audio interview or recording.
- OPTIONAL: Use Zoom to record remote interviews.